INDUSTRY NOTES: ffordable Housing At An All-Time Low In D.C.
Monday, May 14, 2012 03:58 am
Meanwhile, housing costs are soaring.
People living in Washington, DC must earn nearly $29 per hour to afford a two-bedroom home -- making the district the second least affordable place to live.
That's the report from the D.C. Fiscal Policy Institute, which found that the median rent for a one-bedroom apartment in D.C. has climbed nearly 50 percent since 2000. Meanwhile, the number of low-inco[...]
Read an issue—it's FREE!
10 COMPELLING REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE TO
ASSISTED HOUSING ALERT
Regular readers use Assisted Housing Alert to:
- Sharpen general industry knowledge
- Get up-to-the-minute HUD compliance news
- Draft effective management policies
- Save time with sample documents/forms
- Pick up money-saving tips
- Train staff in compliant management
- Avoid Fair Housing legal pitfalls
- Learn practical documentation practices
- Survive REAC inspections
- Ease their compliance headaches