Budget Management: How To Get The Money To Nix The Creepy-Crawlers
Monday, May 14, 2012 03:57 am
Don't expect HUD to cover all your expenses for large bed bug infestations
With the myriad of new and tightened rules on how you should prevent and control bed bug infestations, you're probably wondering how you're going to pay for all this. Thankfully, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has a plan -- well, at least the beginnings of one.
HUD's new guidelines allow you to at least partially recover infestation-treatment costs, in compliance with HUD's model lease, according to the National Multi Housing Council (NMHC).
Although tenants can usually stay in their unit throughout bed bug[...]
Read an issue—it's FREE!
10 COMPELLING REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE TO
ASSISTED HOUSING ALERT
Regular readers use Assisted Housing Alert to:
- Sharpen general industry knowledge
- Get up-to-the-minute HUD compliance news
- Draft effective management policies
- Save time with sample documents/forms
- Pick up money-saving tips
- Train staff in compliant management
- Avoid Fair Housing legal pitfalls
- Learn practical documentation practices
- Survive REAC inspections
- Ease their compliance headaches