FAIR HOUSING: Feds Nab Section 8 Housing Manager Pocketing Bribes
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 08:56 am
Don't fiddle with Section 8 Housing waiting lists.
If you think you can make up your own rules for administering the waiting list for your Section 8 property, think again. Bump someone up the line and you could face the feds in court.
Defendant Samuel Saneaux was the manager of Andrews Plaza, a federally funded Section 8 seven-building rental apartment house complex in the Bronx, NY. At certain times demand for apartments greatly exceeded the supply and there was a lengthy waiting list.
Prospective tenants applied for apartments by fi[...]
Read an issue—it's FREE!
10 COMPELLING REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE TO
ASSISTED HOUSING ALERT
Regular readers use Assisted Housing Alert to:
- Sharpen general industry knowledge
- Get up-to-the-minute HUD compliance news
- Draft effective management policies
- Save time with sample documents/forms
- Pick up money-saving tips
- Train staff in compliant management
- Avoid Fair Housing legal pitfalls
- Learn practical documentation practices
- Survive REAC inspections
- Ease their compliance headaches